Friday, May 29, 2015

Pinnacle Ridge in sun ... then rain

22 October - I joined the Wednesday tramping group to explore a new track - Pinnacle Ridge, in the Holdsworth entrance to the Tararua Range.  We enjoyed excellent weather and views.  Soon afterwards on 6 November I was scheduled to lead the Thursday trampers.   I chose this track, but unfortunately it was a cold, wet day, the river was up and there were no views!  However our group of 16 enjoyed the beautiful bush and this new route.  Richard Ellis and David Grant, keen photographers in our Thursday group took the wet weather photos.


On top of Pinnacle - actually quite flat!

Great views of the Tararuas - Powell hut and Jumbo hut could be seen

Some local trampers had done an excellent job of marking this new track

A quirky tree

The second tramp - snack stop a huge rimu tree.  Raincoats would be going on soon.

On Pinnacle Ridge in the rain

Crossing the Atiwhakatu stream

No comments:

Post a Comment